A job-share scheme designed to give an equal opportunity for those who struggle to hold full-time employment
A job-share scheme designed to give an equal opportunity for those who struggle to hold full-time employment due to mental/physical disablement, homelessness or other circumstance. KindaJob is an initiative facilitated by ‘The Missing Kind’ charity (tMK), the pilots for which will be hosted within the supporting Social Enterprises of the charity.
The charity is kick-starting the initiative in Paignton, Devon and Carmathen in Wales, with a job-share vacancy for an Administrator in both locations. Each venue creating 3 part-time administration positions of 2 days, (15 hours), each paid a living wage rate, for a contract period of 6 months.
The role requiring a mix of office and inter-personal skills. The employer for this trial will be the Preston Sands Hotel and The Missing Kind charity respectively. Other vacancies will be developed with the tMK Social Enterprise network in due course subject to support funding. An equal opportunity vacancy.
The team of 3 in each location will be job-trained in all aspects of the vacancy and will support each other in the event of an inability to work.
How it will work?
- Recruitment of 3 motivated applicants for each position (A,B and C)
- Agree terms of operation and expectation
- Train applicants in the duties of the vacancy, donating self time
- Job train and agree terms of operation, strengths and weaknesses
- Agree days of working for 3 candidates
- Establish daily buddy check-in procedure AtoB, BtoC, CtoA.
- In event of incapacity to work B covers A, C covers B, A covers C
- For downtime in excess of 2 weeks ‘D’ employed as temporary cover. Position held for return when ready when D steps down.
- In order to simplify the process and liability for the KindaEmployer, the team will be employed by KindaJob agency who will invoice the employer (Preston Sands Hotel in the case of Paignton)
Why would an Employer use this scheme?
- Ticking of the Social Responsibility box, receiving a ‘KindaEmployer’ accreditation
- Supporting local community
- Good value
- A committed team giving more than the average with a committed mindset. Team will be trained to start early, finish late and brainstorm the job role for increasing efficiency
- Flexible employment with minimum liability
What are the objectives of KindaJob?
Our Values are based on sustainability, to build confidence and self-worth, creating
purposeful flexible opportunities for sufficiency and independence, to then deliver social
impact to the local community.
- To create short term flexible employment opportunity
- To create long term and full time flexible employment opportunity
- To achieve fair remuneration, commensurate with achievement
- To inspire and guide into self-employment and Social Enterprise development
- To produce an agency brand of service quality, high ethics and commitment
- To share and support a global employment scheme for social equality
- To influence the mindsets of employers into equal opportunity
Join us at the Torbay KindaConference at Preston Sands Hotel, Paignton on October 26th ,
when Kindajob, KindaCompany and Social Enterprise creation will be on the agenda.
For more information: email@example.com