The KindaVillage Concept
The concept is simple…
- Find a core team of employees, pioneers, volunteers, social entrepreneurs, who have a PASSION for social or environmental purpose and the ability to maintain and develop the facilities and activities of KindaVillage.
- Work with these people to create the infrastructure from which to develop the community and social business activities of KindaVillage.
- Find individuals or groups of people with a viable idea for a social or environmental business or project and the ability, PASSION and commitment to build it into something real.
- Provide them with the right incubation facilities, support and funding to turn their social and/or environmental dreams into a reality
- Celebrate our collective achievements when we successfully make the world a better place!
- Share our knowledge with others to create and support more KindaVillages for our network
- Watch the global movement grow!!
How we see it
We are still in the early development phases of the above vision…Whilst we aspire to the ideal of a utopia, we are far from it at present, and delivering the goals and aspirations for KindaVillage will involve hard work. Anyone joining us at this stage needs to understand that. The KindaVillage team we are putting together will consist of a core group of community residents, employees, volunteers and social entrepreneurs; people with shared values, who are socially and environmentally responsible. These people will help us build the infrastructure for the village and help maintain and develop its activities and services.
It is important that a sense of supportive, interactive community and social purpose prevails in KindaVillage. It is also very important that our social purpose activities extend into the community outside of KindaVillage; be that the local community or beyond.
KindaVillage is surrounded by nature and we will need to work with the land and its natural inhabitants to minimise impact and build self-sustainability. Our plan, subject to local authority permission and finding the right people to lead each development, is to divide KindaVillage into 4 distinct parts:-
1) Community Residential and Social Enterprise Quarter
This area will incorporate the current farmhouse, cottages and outbuildings and will house the Missing Kind charity’s HQ and the residential staff and volunteer community, providing tourism opportunities which will include wellbeing and special interest retreats and camping. This area will also be used to incubate new social enterprise start ups and house an educational visitor/conference centre.
2) Elderly Care and Alternative Schooling Quarter
Alternative elderly care and schooling centres, developing new models of care and education for both old and young, using nature as a nurturing and educational environment. Giving those children who struggle to settle into the state educational model a good start in life. Giving the elderly purpose by engaging them in KindaVillage activities that suit their interests and capabilities. Intergenerational activities benefitting and providing companionship and joy for both old and young.
3) Animal and Organic Farming Quarter
Providing shelter and care for mis-treated farm animals, animal therapy and organic food growth. Also incorporating projects to conserve wildlife and natural habitats, using permaculture principles.
4) Eco Self-Build Quarter
Affordable self-builds for those in the social care sector.
We are open to develop any ideas from individuals or groups that fit with our above ideas and our values, which are to be:
- SOCIALLY EQUAL
- PASSIONATE & COMPASSIONATE
With most of our social challenges around materialism and urban living, we also have a future vision for the city KindaVillage development – a community co-housing project for low-income earners in the care and charity sector with a destiny to serve